Thursday, March 12, 2009

Broadway's Next To Normal has Seattle ties

Written by 5th Avenue staff member, Brandon Ivie on 3/12/09:

I am very excited to report that I will be in NYC working on the Broadway production of the new musical NEXT TO NORMAL in March and April. I will be the writer’s assistant helping make changes to the script and score while its in flux and development.

There’s quite the Seattle contingent working on the show. Along with myself, Louis Hobson (Cliff in Cabaret, Tony in West Side Story, etc) is in the cast and Brian Yorkey (previous Associate Artistic Director at Village Theatre) wrote the book and lyrics. I’ll also be able to hang out with cast member Aaron Tveit, who will be the lead here in CATCH ME IF YOU CAN this summer. I’m very excited, as I’ve been following the show since it had its very first reading under a different name here in Seattle around 6 years ago. Its a really fantastic new musical and I’m so happy I’m able to work on it.

For more info on the show and such, click here.

No comments: