Friday, April 24, 2009

a note from a board member

A note our board member emailed to staff today:

This is probably one of the most significant productions on our stage….ever! What a rare opportunity for our audiences to be able to experience the work of some of the major players in the musical theater world on our stage. The opening moments of Act I clearly indicate we are being taken on a journey into new visual territory. We are blessed with an abundance of riches during the entire production.

The cast, led by Hugh (George) and Billie (Dot), gives us some incredible moments of ensemble work. It is hard for me to imagine how 15 actors can create such glorious music. Surely they are inspired by the full orchestration led by Ian (Musical Director)'s capable baton and 11 enormously talented musicians. I can only imagine how this production will improve during its run.

I continue to see and hear new elements of the show with each new viewing which make me want to see it again and again. The controlled composition of this show makes me appreciate the contribution made by every single element. In many ways I believe the show is somehow greater than the sum of its parts.

I understand a show like this is a risk, but I believe we have an obligation to our audience and to the talented pool of artists who work in the world of musical theater. We are developing more informed patrons and sending a message to our working actors that we recognize our mission and obligation to the community.

I am so proud to serve The 5th Avenue,


No comments: