Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Win two seats to private reading of A Christmas Story!

Update: Winner has been chosen: Michelle J.F. Congrats Michelle!

On Friday June 11th at 11:30am, a selection of fantastic local actors will be doing a read-through selection from Act 1 of A Christmas Story, which premieres at The 5th Avenue Theatre November 30th - December 19, 2010.

One lucky winner will receive two passes to this private event - you can't buy a seat, you only can win them! Be one of the first of your friends to hear the songs and script of this exciting new musical.

To enter, simply

  • post a comment on this blog entry

  • write a comment on our facebook wall

  • or write a tweet that uses @5thavetheatre in the body of the tweet, such as "You'll shoot your eye out, @5thavetheatre - I want to win!"

One entry per person - entries must be posted by 3pm Thursday June 10th (winner will be contacted by 4pm).

Please note, this is a special reading - elements to the show may be added or removed before performances begin. As this show has not been officially cast, the actors in the reading may not be the actors you see on stage.

12 comments:

Jared M. Brown said...

John Bolton is a god. There I said it.


- Jared Michael Brown

Unknown said...

It's amazing that there is going to be a musical of "A Christmas Story!" right here at the 5th. I would love to attend the reading!
Nedra Gaskill

Unknown said...

Pick me! Pick me!

Ila said...

Ooo how exciting! Begging..silently begging lol..Tadaa here I am please pick mee!! :) :D?

Christian Duhamel said...

For as long as I can remember, my family has watched "A Christmas Story," not just as part of our Christmas tradition, but on Thanksgiving as well. Something about the Parker family's struggle hits close to home for the Duhamel's. Perhaps little Hammond, Indiana reminds us a bit of our hometown Kellogg, Idaho. I am so looking forward to seeing and hearing this new adaptation of Jean Shepherd's writings... and there is quite a buzz stirring about the show already! Kudos to 5th and broken legs to all involved.

Unknown said...

5th avenue theatre is the first professional theatre I attended and remains my favorite!

~Elena

Nana Girl said...

Ralphie Rocks!

e said...

Can't enter cause I'm too far away but I'm thrilled to read about what is going on in Seattle. Have a blast everyone .. this is a special, special show!

Madison said...

I'm pretty sure I said at one point in my life, "Just watch. Soon enough 'A Christmas Story' will be made into a musical."
...what do you know!
Sparkling! :)

Unknown said...

Probably the best Christmas movie turned into a musical, ever!!! Can't wait!

poploser said...

Oh my gosh. I love seeing new shows. I hope I win! I am going through NYC withdrawal.

jen said...

It's a major award!!!!